Once COVID-19 arrived, restrictions on business operations and social distancing guidelines made the home-buying process a bit more complicated.
If you’d rather be cautious and not personally tour all the homes you’re interested in, you can still outline your budget with online calculators, check out promising properties through virtual tours, and even plan out future remodeling projects. These resources will help you find the virtual tools you need to bypass the usual home buying process.
Get Ready to Buy
- Use a mortgage calculator to determine your overall home buying budget.
- Explore new neighborhoods with Google Maps Street View.
- Evaluate the safety of a particular area by researching local crime statistics.
Finding the Perfect Home
- Get familiar with guidelines and recommendations for looking at homes during the pandemic.
- Want to view properties while social distancing? Schedule virtual tours.
- Plan potential renovation projects with home remodeling apps.
- Get cost estimates repairs (such as a pool repair, for example) ahead of time by searching through a digital database.
The pandemic has dramatically changed the real estate industry within a short time frame, but there are still plenty of sellers out there who are awaiting offers on their properties. By relying on these virtual tools, you can make an offer on a beautiful home. You may even find that buying a home remotely is less stressful than the alternative!
Trust the professionals at Action Accountants can help you grow and manage your finances. Call 020 3907 6819 to get in touch.
Photo via Pixabay
By Katie Conroy